I am up by 4 lbs. :(
I knew I was blowing it over the weekend. We went out to a restaurant Friday evening that we only go to once or sometimes twice a year. I got what I usually get there -- half rack of baby-back ribs, baked potato, salad, and rolls (about 3 -- they were small. :) ). I did save a portion of it for lunch the next day, though, so I don't think that was that bad. But then Sat. night I got pizza -- more than I needed. Everyone else was gone and I was thinking I'd get extra so they would have some to snack on when they got back. But I didn't limit myself at all, and even got a little apple pizza dessert and had one slice then, two on Sunday, and 1 on Monday. (Blush!) Part of the problem Sat. night was kind of feeling sorry for myself over a frustrating afternoon; part of it was just wanting something good.
Yesterday wasn't too bad even with Memorial Day weekend except I had too many starches and an extra slice of pound cake (we'd had pound cake with strawberries and whipped topping -- kind of a shortcut strawberry short cake -- and I had an extra sloce of the pound cake.)
So -- in the spirit of learning from my mistakes:
1. I need to learn not to reward or soothe myself with food, or at least the wrong kinds of foods.
2. I need to be careful about having more than I need on hand for a meal because it makes it too tempting to eat more.
3. I need to be careful about little slices of "extras." The extra pound cake had started as just an extra couple of bites, then I sliced off another little bit when I was putting it away. Before I knew it I had consumed another whole serving.
4. I need to get over feeling depressed about not eating sweets and such and munching on carrot sticks. Maybe those feelings will change the more I change my diet habits and get used to them and the more weight I lose. I probably ought to look at those high-calorie sweets as the enemy and not mourn them as a lost friend and make excuses to have them.
5. I need to START EXERCISING!!
Even with all of that, 4 lbs. seems like a lot -- I used to eat indiscriminately all the time and had a steady weight gain over the years, but not 4 lbs. over one weekend. So I am wondering if there is something else going on--water retention or whatever.
But I need to get back on the bandwagon in any case.
Total weight lost to date: 3 lbs.
Total weight gained: 4 lbs.
Difference in weight today from starting weight: +1lb.