Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Works For Me Wednesday: Salads aren't always the best choice at restaurants


My son sent me this article comparing several restaurant salads with their burgers. For example, amazingly, Wendy's Garden Sensations Mandarin Chicken Salad has more calories, carbs, sugar, sodium and fat than their 1/4 lb. Double Stack.

Many restaurants have nutrition information on their web sites, easily found by G**gling the name of the restaurant. It pays to check out the details if you're dieting or having to watch any of those elements in your diet.

Visit Rocks In My Dryer for more works-for-me tips.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great article. There are so many things we take for granted in choosing meals! Who would have thought!! Thanks for sharing this!

Anonymous said...

It's good to know what really makes the calories add up. Thanks for reminding us!

Pam said...

Great tip. Barbara. Thanks for dropping by my site this week. Good to "see" you again ; )